Corporate, Commercial & Taxation Law courses deliver highly relevant legal knowledge in a practical commercial and regulatory context, allowing graduates to expand their expertise by pursuing new areas of study or explore existing knowledge at a deeper level.
Our courses are taught by a combination of UNSW Law academics, international visitors, distinguished guest lecturers and leading visiting practitioners. Whether a specialisation or new career path is the goal, our courses ensure that the knowledge gained can be used in practice immediately. Courses range from core offerings in corporate law, governance, insurance law and insolvency, to new areas such as sport sponsorship and marketing.
Lawyers who require an understanding of taxation and the tax system, and how these impact business decisions and transactions, can also gain deeper knowledge with this specialisation. Our tax offerings harness the prestige and academic expertise of the Law School and UNSW Business School.
Knowledge and experience students will gain from the specialisation:
- Cutting-edge knowledge in corporate, commercial and/or tax law
- Interdisciplinary knowledge across law and business
- Command of traditional and emerging areas in this fast-changing field
Possible career outcomes:
- Working for leading law firms (if you also hold an LLB/JD)
- In-house counsel for a corporation (if you also hold an LLB/JD)
- Working for major consultancy firms
- Working for government on matters of taxation or corporate governance
Who will do this specialisation?
Those with a focus on:
- Legal practice
- Tax advisory or consulting
- Drafting and executing contracts
- Corporate governance roles
- Financial planning
- Business management or consulting
- Various roles within the banking and finance sector
UNSW related centres:
- Centre for Law, Markets and Regulation (CLMR)
- Herbert Smith Freehills China International Business and Economic Law Centre (CIBEL)
For more information on specialisation structure and courses available in this specialisation visit the online handbook.